REMINDER…No School on Friday & Labor Day Break Week Is Next Week!
We look forward to seeing all of you on Monday, September 11th.
Mark Your Calendar, Please…
- September 1st – September 10th – Labor Day Break Week
- September 11th – School Resumes
- September 14th – Back To School Innocademy Gear Sale Ends
- October 10th & 11th – School Pictures for all
- October 4th – State of Michigan Count Day
- October 5th and 6th – Student Led Conferences
- October 6th – 1/2 Day – Students Dismissed at 12pm
- October 13th – Staff Professional Development – No School For Students
- October 14th – October 22nd – Fall Break Week – No School
- October 23rd – School Resumes
Morning Drop-Off Info – – Watch for the Green Flag
Over the past couple of weeks we’ve noticed students on the playground prior to 8:20am. Honest mistake as our Food Service Folks are working outside getting set up each morning and it may appear that they are in place to supervise your students, but they are NOT.
In order to help you know when it’s a-okay to drop students in the morning, please look for the BIG GREEN FLAG attached to the Gaga Pit post on the playground.
At 8:20, a member of our staff will place the flag out indicating it is safe for you to dismiss your kiddos from your car to the playground.
Thank you for being respectful of that drop-off time and your cooperation as we work hard to keep your kiddos safe each day.
What’s Being Taught for Social Emotional Learning (SEL) at Innocademy?
In an effort to help you support your child in their learning at home, please see, below for current objectives students are tackling during their SEL time each week and “Home Link” activities you can do to, together, to further that learning. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
Innocademy Spirit Wear On Sale Until September 14th!
We are excited to partner with SpiritWear, this year! Our Innocademy and Las Huellas School Stores will be available ALL. YEAR. LONG. to all of our families by clicking on THIS LINK FOR INNOCADEMY and by clicking on THIS LINK FOR LAS HUELLAS. You may choose your item, pay for it and have it shipped to your home – easy! Shipping is free for orders over $75. As a bonus our school receives 10% from every sale. Please watch for special sales and new items throughout the year. The First sale begins this week!
Would You Like To Volunteer at Innocademy This Year?
If you would like to volunteer, this year, in any capacity, please go ahead and fill out the Family Volunteer Form
If you do wish to volunteer – THANK YOU!!! We are so appreciative of your help! Please know that we do need a new background check form on file every year for each person who volunteers. One form will cover you for the entire year. If you have not already filled that out, please do so BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO FILL OUT THE FORM. Volunteer Background Check Forms may be returned to the front desk or emailed to email@example.com.
Is Your Family Struggling With Housing Security?
A Message From Our PBIS Parent Liaison – Heather Volkema
Hi! I’m Heather Volkema and I am a parent to 3rd grader, Paige, in Las Huellas. I am your parent liaison for PBIS at Innocademy. PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports, which is an evidence-based curriculum to reward and foster positive, respectful, responsible, resilient, and safe behaviors in our children. As a parent you may be familiar with PBIS in the form of “tickets” or “boleto” that your child receives when they’re “caught” being respectful, responsible, resilient, or safe. This curriculum is used from Young 5’s through 8th grade. These tickets get placed into classroom drawings for a few winners each Friday. The current goal is to reach 2,500 tickets and then they will receive a reward. The students have been working very hard to earn them and deserve lots of recognition for their positive behaviors.
We will be continuing to give out “Golden Tickets.” There is a spy among the school who will be watching for someone practicing the expectation of the week. Each week the teachers will have a highlighted behavior they are working on with your students. For example, students may be focusing on being respectful in the hallways by being quiet so other classes can continue learning. The golden tickets receive an automatic prize.
We love family involvement and are often asked “How can I help?”:
1) Support PBIS at home by encouraging and recognizing things that your child does that are respectful, responsible, resilient, and safe at home. One area the teachers have been working with students on is healthy habits and goals. Some things to help focus on and teach at home include the importance of bedtime routines and healthy homework habits.
2) By donating prizes for the drawings that occur each week. If you’d like to directly donate to your child’s classroom-you may directly message your child’s teacher for items needed for their classroom or ask your student for age-appropriate ideas for their classrooms. If you’d wish to donate to items to stock the prize boxes of any classroom/areas of need-that would be greatly appreciated-Middle School is currently a higher area of need! Items can be delivered to the classroom or front desk at any time.
Ideas of what to donate: (new items & NO NUTS)
· movie box candy
· school supplies-pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc.
· puzzles, card games
· water bottle stickers
· books (gently used okay)/activity books
· Chapstick, coin purses, fidget spinners
If you have any questions, feel most welcome to reach out at any time. Thank you for all you do! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
September Lunch Menu
Middle School – Extra $$ for Pizza Slices – Hot Lunch
While lunch is FREE for all this year, it is an option for our MIDDLE SCHOOL kiddos only to order an additional slice of pizza on the days that we have that as our entree. The cost of an additional slice is $1.50. If you wish to set up an account so that your middle school student has money in their account for the extra pizza, please visit… hollandchristian.familyportal.cloud. If this is your first time setting up an account, please email email@example.com for their student number that you will need. You may also send cash in a labeled envelope.
’23-’24 Innocademy Family Resource Guide
If you’ve not already done so, please read through the Innocademy Family Resource Guide for this year so that you are familiar with daily life at Innocademy. As always, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help. Thank you.
Innocademy School Pictures
We are so fortunate to have Christy Pacanowski of Embolden Studio taking school pictures for us, again, this year! These are not your standard, generic, low-quality school pics! If you’d like to check out her BEAUTIFUL work, please CLICK HERE. Christy will be with us on October 10th and 11th and taking EVERY student’s picture – – even if you are not ordering prints. Prior to picture day we will send home picture order forms and information as well as the schedule so you know what day/time your child will be having their picture taken