PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF STUDENTS PRIOR TO 8:20AM AS THERE IS NO PLAYGROUND SUPERVISION PRIOR TO THAT TIME.
CALENDAR INFO FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR
- Outdoor Discovery Night – Tuesday, June 14th – Bring a Family!
- Friday, June 10th, 17th – No School
- Thursday, June 23rd – Last Day of School – Dismissed at noon
- Wednesday, August 3rd – 1st Day of School!
JUNE LUNCH MENU
IMPORTANT STATE REQUIRED HEARING/VISION/IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION FOR NEW K KIDDOS & 7TH GRADERS
MEET UP AND EAT UP THIS SUMMER
MORE SUMMER PROGRAMS
Artists Creating Together – Our Programs | Artists Creating Together
No More Sideline – No More Sidelines | Home
Planet Fitness – Summer Pass – FREE membership for teens during the summer – Free Summer Gym Membership for Teens | Planet Fitness
Bam (Holland) – Kids Bowl FREE (up to age 15 years) – KidsBowlFree.com: Kids Bowl Free All Summer Long!
Low Cost/No Cost Social/Recreational Opportunities in Ottawa County (provided through millage) – Heritage Homes, IKUS, MOKA, Pioneer Resources (calendars may be found on their websites or on the OCCMH website – Events – Ottawa County, Michigan (miottawa.org)
LOVE IN ACTION TRI-CITIES FLYER
MORE FOOD SERVICE INFORMATION
As a reminder we will return to paying for hot lunches and breakfasts in August. What does that mean for my students?
– We will discontinue offering FREE breakfasts and lunches in all buildings.
- Deposits into SendMoneytoSchool.com starts a new family portal, beginning July 1, 2022. If you have used this online deposit service in the past, you will need to re-enroll your students using their student number. Important for you to know your student’s account number to set up your account. No service fee for online deposits before October 1, 2022. You may always drop off deposits at your school office. Sendmoneytoschool, only takes credit cards to make a deposit.
- If you currently have $$$ in your SendMoneyToSchool.Com account, those funds will roll over.
- If you qualify for lunch benefits, please go to lunchapp.com (Holland Christian District) after August 1 to fill out an application. The site will not be active until August 1, 2022.
SUMMER RESOURCES FOR OTTAWA/ALLEGAN COUNTIES!
This summer, there are resources for mental health, food, and outdoor activities available in the Ottawa and Allegan County areas.
For some ideas for FUN this summer……..
Use this map for a fun educational adventure and check out the Free Little Libraries near you. The books are free and you can also donate books you no longer want to the libraries. No late fees and a good excuse for a walk or bike ride! littlefreelibrary.org
GR Kids offers a Calendar of Events for family activities in Grand Rapids and the Lakeshore Communities. (You can follow them on social media accounts too.)
Mobile Food Pantries (choose your county):
Ottawa County Food Pantries:
Finding Food and Reviewing and Applying for Public Benefits:
Ottawa County Camps Scholarships
Story Walks for Families – Free, participate any time during park hours, and No registration is needed:
Ottawa County Parks Outdoor Program Schedule:
Outdoor Discovery Community Programs – many are free or affordable:
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS & SUPPORTS (PBIS) PARENT CORNER:
The entire school goal of 3,000 acknowledgments (tickets) has been MET! A huge congrats to your kids for all the wonderful ways they have shown responsibility, respect, resilience & safety this year. Classrooms will vote on how they wish to celebrate and will have their celebrations on Friday, May 27th. Keep an eye out for communication from your child’s teacher with more information.
School Expectation to Practice at Home:
We’re coming up on a new round of State/District testing, so we’re encouraging families to work on strategies for helping create resiliency in our students as we continue this work at school as well. Below are some tips & information that are helpful to teach your child resiliency.
· Acknowledgement & validation of strong emotions & ways to control those emotions
· Losing during game time-it’s not fun, but it’s part of life! Helps to keep things in perspective and maintain a hopeful outlook
· Using positive self-talk to get through a tricky situation and nurture a positive self-view
· Teach your child to set reasonable goals and help them to move toward them one step at a time.
As a parent, I found this article from the American Psychological Association very helpful to understanding and teaching resiliency skills to my child. https://www.apa.org/topics/resilience/guide-parents-teachers
Prize Box Updates & Needs:
A HUGE thank you to all those that donated prizes for the classroom prize boxes. We will continue to accept donations at any time throughout the year.
If you’d wish to donate to items to stock the prize boxes of any classroom and support the highest need areas at this time, that would be greatly appreciated! Items can be delivered to the front desk at any time. Our highest need currently is MOVIE BOX CANDY for the middle schoolers prize boxes.
Ideas of what to donate: (new items & please avoid nuts)
· movie box candy
· school supplies-pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc.
· puzzles, card games
· water bottle stickers
· books (gently used okay)/activity books
· Chapstick, coin purses, fidget spinners
ORDER YOUR INNOCADEMY YEARBOOKS NOW
You can order your Innocademy Yearbook now through June 9th. Please visit www.yearbookforever.com to order. Cost of the hard copy, color yearbooks are $22.50.
FIT AND HEALTHY FAMILIES PROGRAM SUMMER, FALL AND ONLINE SESSIONS AVAILABLE
- Elementary-aged kiddos and their families
- Summer Session: June 13 to Aug. 8 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Fall Session: Sept. 12 to Nov. 1 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Online: offered self-paced year-round.
- Class held outside at Outdoor Discovery Center 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423
This series is taught by a registered dietitian and covers a variety of nutrition topics in a hands-on interactive way. Join us for gardening, exploring the trails, seeing the birds of prey up close, fishing, doing scavenger hunts, trying new foods, and doing family dance fitness together! Come have fun with us and get outside with your family!
Grandparents are welcome to bring their grandchildren. If you miss a week due to illness or vacation, you will be provided with a link to enjoy the class virtually!
Registration: Spectrumhealth.org/classes-eventsor call 616.748.2834
Check out the video, below, to see the fun things these classes will be doing!
Cost for the class is $25. Currently, website says Winter, but they are updating it to include summer/fall/online. They did say we are free to use this link to register =) https://www.spectrumhealth.org/locations/zeeland-community-hospital/classes-and-events/nutrition
CALENDAR FOR 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR
STUDENT ABSENCE/EARLY DISMISSAL
In the event your child is going to be absent for the day or needs to be picked up, early, please send an email and/or Bloom’s message to their teacher as well as firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reason for the absence or early dismissal.
FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDE
Please click, below, to see the 21-22 Family Resource Guide