THANK YOU – Again!!! Wow!!!
Thanking you all last week was just not enough for all of the amazing treats, notes, baskets and kind gestures! Our teachers and staff felt so appreciated during Teacher Appreciation Week! Just a couple of the amazing collections =)
Tulip Time Parade Fun!
HUGE thanks to Ms. Renee for organizing our Tulip Time Parade March! What fun to be able to gather together and show off our cool kiddos, staff and families! Thanks to everyone who participated – – and endured the heat!! You all are champs!
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support (PBIS) Parent Corner:
The entire school goal of 3,000 acknowledgments (tickets) has been MET! A huge congrats to your kids for all the wonderful ways they have shown responsibility, respect, resilience & safety this year. Classrooms will vote on how they wish to celebrate and will have their celebrations on Friday, May 27th. Keep an eye out for communication from your child’s teacher with more information.
School Expectation to Practice at Home:
We’re coming up on a new round of State/District testing, so we’re encouraging families to work on strategies for helping create resiliency in our students as we continue this work at school as well. Below are some tips & information that are helpful to teach your child resiliency.
· Acknowledgement & validation of strong emotions & ways to control those emotions
· Losing during game time-it’s not fun, but it’s part of life! Helps to keep things in perspective and maintain a hopeful outlook
· Using positive self-talk to get through a tricky situation and nurture a positive self-view
· Teach your child to set reasonable goals and help them to move toward them one step at a time.
As a parent, I found this article from the American Psychological Association very helpful to understanding and teaching resiliency skills to my child. https://www.apa.org/topics/resilience/guide-parents-teachers
Prize Box Updates & Needs:
A HUGE thank you to all those that donated prizes for the classroom prize boxes. We will continue to accept donations at any time throughout the year.
If you’d wish to donate to items to stock the prize boxes of any classroom and support the highest need areas at this time, that would be greatly appreciated! Items can be delivered to the front desk at any time. Our highest need currently is MOVIE BOX CANDY for the middle schoolers prize boxes.
Ideas of what to donate: (new items & please avoid nuts)
· movie box candy
· school supplies-pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc.
· puzzles, card games
· water bottle stickers
· books (gently used okay)/activity books
· Chapstick, coin purses, fidget spinners
CALENDAR INFO FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR
- Innocademy Showcase – This Week Wednesday, May 18th!
- Outdoor Discovery Night – Next week Thursday, May 26th – Bring a Family!
- Break Week – Monday, May 30th through Friday, June 3rd. School will resume on Monday, June 6th.
- Friday, June 10th, 17th – No School
- Thursday, June 23rd – Last Day of School – Dismissed at noon
- Wednesday, August 3rd – 1st Day of School!
THE MORE THE MERRIER! BRING A FAMILY TO FAMILY NIGHT AT OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER – NEXT THURSDAY, MAY 26TH!
There will be plenty of fun, snacks and games so bring a family or two that you’d like to introduce to your school family! We’d love to meet them! All current families will be receiving hardcopy postcards this week to share with friends. See, below, for a special preview and be thinking about who YOU would like to bring!
ORDER YOUR INNOCADEMY YEARBOOKS NOW
You can order your Innocademy Yearbook now through June 9th. Please visit www.yearbookforever.com to order. Cost of the hard copy, color yearbooks are $22.50.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED PLEASE! – INNOCADEMY FIELD DAY AROUND THE WORLD – May 23, May 24 or May 25
Monday, May 23: 2nd-4th Grade | Tuesday, May 24: Y5’s-1st Grade | Wednesday, May 25: 5th-8th Grade.
If you are able to volunteer on the day your student is participating, that would be fantastic! Please see the sign up, below:
An email will be sent out a week prior to the event with an information booklet so you are able to become an expert about the game you will be teaching to students on Field Day!
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com
FIT AND HEALTHY FAMILIES PROGRAM SUMMER, FALL AND ONLINE SESSIONS AVAILABLE
- Elementary-aged kiddos and their families
- Summer Session: June 13 to Aug. 8 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Fall Session: Sept. 12 to Nov. 1 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Online: offered self-paced year-round.
- Class held outside at Outdoor Discovery Center 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423
This series is taught by a registered dietitian and covers a variety of nutrition topics in a hands-on interactive way. Join us for gardening, exploring the trails, seeing the birds of prey up close, fishing, doing scavenger hunts, trying new foods, and doing family dance fitness together! Come have fun with us and get outside with your family!
Grandparents are welcome to bring their grandchildren. If you miss a week due to illness or vacation, you will be provided with a link to enjoy the class virtually!
Registration: Spectrumhealth.org/classes-eventsor call 616.748.2834
Check out the video, below, to see the fun things these classes will be doing!
Cost for the class is $25. Currently, website says Winter, but they are updating it to include summer/fall/online. They did say we are free to use this link to register =) https://www.spectrumhealth.org/locations/zeeland-community-hospital/classes-and-events/nutrition
OTTAWA COUNTY MOBILE FOOD PANTRY INFORMATION – MAY
CHANGE FOR AUGUST HOT LUNCH/BREAKFAST – IMPORTANT INFO FROM HOLLAND CHRISTIAN FOOD SERVICE
August Return in Hot Lunch
All “really good” things sometimes don’t last forever!. We will return to paying for hot lunches and breakfasts in August. What does that mean for my students?
– We will discontinue offering FREE breakfasts and lunches in all buildings.
– Deposits into SendMoneytoSchool.com starts a new family portal, beginning July 1, 2022. If you have used this online deposit service in the past, you will need to re-enroll your students using their student number. Important for you to know your student’s account number to set up your account. No service fee for online deposits before October 1, 2022. You may always drop off deposits at your school office. Sendmoneytoschool, only takes credit cards to make a deposit.
– If you qualify for lunch benefits, please go to lunchapp.com (Holland Christian District) after August 1 to fill out an application. The site will not be active until August 1, 2022.
– Lunch prices for next year…??? That is the big question…We will not know until we receive information from USDA. Stay tuned.
Have a great summer and we look forward to continuing to serve your students!
Questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALENDAR FOR 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR
OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER – FAMILY FUN – MAY 26TH
MAY LUNCH MENU
CLASSROOM & DAYCARE HELP NEEDED
Are you looking for a part-time job for one day or maybe two or three a week, sometimes? Do you enjoy working with children? Are you available from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on a school day? We are looking for parents who can help be substitute teachers in our classrooms at Innocademy. When they are out, teachers leave a detailed schedule and lesson plans for a substitute to follow, easily, so students can continue their learning.
We also have an opening for someone to help in our staff daycare, if you’d rather work with young children from 3 months – 4 years old, instead. If you would like to learn more about either one of these positions, please reach out to Jessenia.email@example.com.
CALENDAR CHANGE – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Wanted to let you know that our last day of school, June 23rd will be 1/2 day. Students will be dismissed at noon.
STUDENT ABSENCE/EARLY DISMISSAL
In the event your child is going to be absent for the day or needs to be picked up, early, please send an email and/or Bloom’s message to their teacher as well as firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reason for the absence or early dismissal.
FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDE
Please click, below, to see the 21-22 Family Resource Guide