Students will be dismissed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this coming week! Enjoy the Tulip Time Festivities!
Our teachers cannot thank you enough for all of the amazing ways you spoiled all of us this week! We’ve felt VERY appreciated!!!!
Our Las Huellas Friends had fun learning about Cinco de Mayo and enjoying some homemade tamales!
Mr. Chad’s Friends enjoy some of the amazing tulips on one of their nature adventures!
CALENDAR INFO FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR
- Wednesday, May 11th – dismissed at noon (Tulip Time)
- Thursday, May 12th – dismissed at noon (Tulip Time)
- Friday, May 13th – dismissed at noon (Tulip Time)
- Break Week – Monday, May 30th through Friday, June 3rd. School will resume on Monday, June 6th.
- Friday, June 10th, 17th – No School
- Thursday, June 23rd – Last Day of School – Dismissed at noon
- Wednesday, August 3rd – 1st Day of School!
ORDER YOUR INNOCADEMY YEARBOOKS NOW
You can pre-order your Innocademy Yearbook now through June 9th. Please visit www.yearbookforever.com to order. Cost of the hard copy, color yearbooks are $22.50.
OTTAWA COUNTY MOBILE FOOD PANTRY INFORMATION – MAY
INNOCADEMY FIELD DAY AROUND THE WORLD – May 23, May 24 or May 25
Monday, May 23: 2nd-4th Grade | Tuesday, May 24: Y5’s-1st Grade | Wednesday, May 25: 5th-8th Grade.
If you are able to volunteer on the day your student is participating, that would be fantastic! Please see the sign up, below:
An email will be sent out a week prior to the event with an information booklet so you are able to become an expert about the game you will be teaching to students on Field Day!
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com
CHANGE FOR AUGUST HOT LUNCH/BREAKFAST – IMPORTANT INFO FROM HOLLAND CHRISTIAN FOOD SERVICE
August Return in Hot Lunch
All “really good” things sometimes don’t last forever!. We will return to paying for hot lunches and breakfasts in August. What does that mean for my students?
– We will discontinue offering FREE breakfasts and lunches in all buildings.
– Deposits into SendMoneytoSchool.com starts a new family portal, beginning July 1, 2022. If you have used this online deposit service in the past, you will need to re-enroll your students using their student number. Important for you to know your student’s account number to set up your account. No service fee for online deposits before October 1, 2022. You may always drop off deposits at your school office. Sendmoneytoschool, only takes credit cards to make a deposit.
– If you qualify for lunch benefits, please go to lunchapp.com (Holland Christian District) after August 1 to fill out an application. The site will not be active until August 1, 2022.
– Lunch prices for next year…??? That is the big question…We will not know until we receive information from USDA. Stay tuned.
Have a great summer and we look forward to continuing to serve your students!
Questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALENDAR FOR 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR – FINALLY!
OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER – FAMILY FUN – MAY 26TH
NOTE FROM PBIS PARENT LIAISON – HEATHER VOLKEMA
Hi! I’m Heather Volkema and I am a parent to a 2nd grader, Paige, in Las Huellas. I am your parent liaison for PBIS at Innocademy.
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports, which is an evidence-based curriculum to reward and foster positive, respectful, responsible, resilient, and safe behaviors in our children. As a parent you may be familiar with PBIS in the form of “tickets” or “boleto” that your child receives when they’re “caught” being respectful, responsible, resilient, or safe. This curriculum is used from Young 5’s through 8th grade. These tickets get placed into classroom drawings for a few winners each Friday. The current goal is to get 3,000 tickets by the end of the school year. The students have been working very hard to earn them and deserve lots of recognition for their positive behaviors.
We love family involvement and are often asked “How can I help?”:
1) Support PBIS at home by encouraging and recognizing things that your child does that are respectful, responsible, resilient, and safe at home. One thing teachers have been working with kids on and you can do at home: Encourage your child to ask permission before touching another person’s belongings.
2) By donating prizes for the drawings that occur each week. If you’d like to directly donate to your child’s classroom-you may directly message your child’s teacher for items needed for their classroom. If you’d wish to donate to items to stock the prize boxes of any classroom/areas of need-that would be greatly appreciated! Items can be delivered to the classroom or front desk at any time.
Ideas of what to donate: (new items & please avoid nuts)
· movie box candy
· school supplies-pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc.
· puzzles, card games
· water bottle stickers
· books (gently used okay)/activity books
· Chapstick, coin purses, fidget spinners
If you have any questions, feel most welcome to reach out at any time. Thank you for all you do! My email is email@example.com
MAY LUNCH MENU
CLASSROOM & DAYCARE HELP NEEDED
Are you looking for a part-time job for one day or maybe two or three a week, sometimes? Do you enjoy working with children? Are you available from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on a school day? We are looking for parents who can help be substitute teachers in our classrooms at Innocademy. When they are out, teachers leave a detailed schedule and lesson plans for a substitute to follow, easily, so students can continue their learning.
We also have an opening for someone to help in our staff daycare, if you’d rather work with young children from 3 months – 4 years old, instead. If you would like to learn more about either one of these positions, please reach out to Jessenia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING SHOWCASE – WEDNESDAY, MAY 18th
Mark your calendars! The Innocademy Spring Music Showcase is being planned for Wednesday, May 18 at 7 pm. The show will take place at Community Reformed Church in Zeeland. This music show will involve every student enrolled in a music class at Innocademy. More details about the concert will be released in the coming weeks. If your student is not involved in a music class (this would only apply to middle school), please feel free to come and enjoy the evening – we’d love to see you!
CALENDAR CHANGE – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Wanted to let you know that our last day of school, June 23rd will be 1/2 day. Students will be dismissed at noon.
STUDENT ABSENCE/EARLY DISMISSAL
In the event your child is going to be absent for the day or needs to be picked up, early, please send an email and/or Bloom’s message to their teacher as well as email@example.com. Please include the reason for the absence or early dismissal.
FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDE
Please click, below, to see the 21-22 Family Resource Guide