Mr. Chad’s friends discover new adventures in virtual reality!
Speaking, listening and learning in Ms. Ashley’s Young 5’s Spanish Immersion Classroom!
Mark Your Calendars, Please!
- March 4th – 8th – Penny Wars
- March 4th – April 1st – Reading Bingo!
- March 25th – 28th – Spring Book Fair
- March 26th – Student Led Conferences
- March 27th – Student Led Conferences
- March 29th – April 7th – Innocademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 15 & May 16th – Ms. Kerri and Ms. Jessenia’s classes to visit Mackinac Island
- May 21st and 22nd – Ms. Liliana and Ms. Tatiana’s 4th graders travel to Detroit and Lansing
- May 22nd – Spring Showcase at Community Reformed Church – 7pm
- May 24th – June 2nd – Innocademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
Penny Wars – This Week!
It’s that that time of year again – PENNY WARS! This year our capstone travelers are headed to Costa Rica and will be working with an organization who supports at risk children in their community. They are asking for supplies to help support their after school programs and we are super excited to partner with them. Classes will be partnering up to bring in coins (yes $ are accepted too!). The classes with the most positive money will be the winners and will get to choose the theme for spirit week at their grade levels. As an added bonus, if you help us reach our goal of a $1,600 raised, all students will also enjoy a delicious cupcake as a treat. Please see the attached info for more specific details.Thanks for supporting us as we work to support the children in Costa Rica! – – Capstone Travelers
March is Reading Month – Whole School Project
Oh, The Places You’ll Go! Get the whole family involved. From now until April 1st, use the attached Bingo Board to keep track of your adventures and number of pages your child has read (independently or with someone else!). At the end of the month, we will add up all of the pages (each page = 1 mile) to find out how many miles we “traveled” as a whole school!
Paper copies will also be sent home with kiddos today, but I’m sure it’s always nice to have an electronic copy as well!
Spring Book Fair – March 25th – March 28th – Volunteers Needed!
We are excited to, again, host the Scholastic Book Fair this spring! If you would like to volunteer to help check out students….or help students shop, please click on the link, create an account and sign up.
Recently, there has been much talk regarding the “Momo Challenge”. Please see attached. While it is believed to fall in the “hoax” or “urban legend” category it provides a fantastic opportunity to talk with your kiddos. Ask about their online habits, talk about strategies to get help when coming across content that is distressing or concerning. And, one of the biggest concerns, making sure they don’t accept “friend” or “follow” requests from people they don’t know.
Just like teaching our kiddos how to be safe at the pool, beach or park, it is also important we take these opportunities to talk about how to be safe in the online world.
March Lunch Menu
After School Enrichment Link For March
On Thursdays, Healthy Kids Club is taking place instead of After School Enrichment. I’ve updated the signup genius so you can now sign your child up on Thursdays. PLEASE do this if you plan on your child coming to Healthy Kids Club because space for Healthy Kids Club is not unlimited.
This sign up will be good through March 28th.
Please contact Grant at email@example.com with any questions you may have.