NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND AND THEN INNOCADEMY BREAK WEEK BEGINS
SCHOOL RESUMES ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH
Thanks to everyone that could make it to the Innocademy Virtual Parent Meeting this past Tuesday. If you were unable to be in attendance, please watch your email for recordings of the individual meetings being released early this next week.
TITLE 1 AND INTERVENTION
Title I is a federal aid program for elementary, middle, and high schools. Title I money is given to school districts based on the number of low-income families in each district. Each district uses its Title I money for extra educational services for children most in need of educational help. The focus of the Title I program is on helping all students meet the same high standards expected of all children, building capacity for parent involvement, and providing professional development for building staff. We use the Title funding to provide academic intervention services. (Please CLICK HERE to learn more about our Title and Intervention Program.)
REMINDER: BREAKFAST AVAILABLE EACH DAY FOR $1.75
Just a reminder that students can grab a breakfast each morning and $1.75 will be deducted from their lunch accounts. If your child qualifies for free or reduced breakfast, those prices will be deducted, instead. If you are unsure if you qualify, please fill out an application at lunchapp.com to find out. Breakfast menu for each week is listed on the lunch menu.
The picture below is of an ACTUAL BREAKFAST served at our school and taken by our Food Service Team =)
STILL TIME TO APPLY! – – HAND 2 HAND – SIGN-UP OPEN FOR THIS YEAR
OK, Hand2Hand is firing up again for the year, and attached is the sign-up form. A few things to know:
- Hand2Hand is a weekly food bag distribution, provided by Vertical Church (yay to them for this partnership!!). Read the attachment for more info.
- There are no qualifications, other than just signing and returning the form.
- Bags are distributed on Thursday mornings and we attempt to put in lockers/cubbies during the lunch hour. The first delivery will be September 15.
- In order to receive the first delivery, forms must be returned to the front desk before the Labor Day break. However, families can continue to sign up throughout the year.
IMPORTANT – REPORTING ABSENCES
If your student will be missing school for illness, appointment, vacation, etc., please make sure to let their teacher know and email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school phone at 616.748.5637.
HAVING SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP YOUR CHILD?
Please have them…
- WATCH THIS VIDEO so they are aware of the parking lot procedures
- Place a name card in the front passenger dashboard – it’s SOOOO helpful!
AUGUST LUNCH MENU
PARKING LOT PROTOCOLS – THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Some things to PLEASE, PLEASE do…
- Please arrive in the parking lot no earlier than 3:30pm. Arriving 45 minutes early only adds to the congestion.
- “Right Turn Only” into the parking lot – – AND OUT (This is new, but needed after observing traffic patterns, today) Following this traffic pattern is the most efficient and safest for all.
- Stay. In. Your. Car. We know it’s tempting to park in other lots and walk over, but it only creates a safety issue and slows things down with folks crossing all sorts of ways through the parking lot and taking kiddos away from our secured dismissal area.
Thank you for hitching up those patience pants and teaming with us to help get your kiddos to you as safely and efficiently as possible.