Thank you all for another great week! Extra HUGE thanks to our friends using the EAST parking lot. We appreciate you rolling with all of the necessary, safety switches!
Ms. Gina’s friends enjoyed some fun with their butterfly buddies!
Ms. Monica’s friends learned about fun on the farm!
Ms. Emily’s artists learned all about being creative and sharing about themselves
Relaxing with some outdoor lunch time – yay for great weather!
Continue to look for regular communication from Mr. Bob and, in the meantime, if you have any questions or needs, reach out to him directly. Bob.Soulliere@iesschools.org
BREAKFAST/LUNCH PICK UP OPPORTUNITY – PLEASE NOTE CHANGES BEGINNING 9/28
If you are in need of breakfast/lunches for your child(ren), you may sign up each week for FREE!
IMPORTANT NEW UPDATES – 9/25
- Going forward you will only need to register your family one time – no more filling out a form for each child. YAY!
- Children you register for this service do not need to be students at Inno or iCademy but can be siblings, ages 0-18, who also live at the home.
- We are excited about a large number of families participating! Thank you! Because of the volume of meals to prepare, we do need to change the pick-up time so that we can accommodate all of the orders. So sorry! Please note the new pick up time will be 2:15-2:30pm on Monday afternoons.
- Sign up no later than 1:30pm on SUNDAY each week. Please sign up for MONDAY, SEPT. 28 PICK-UP HERE.
- Your child’s lunch account will not be charged. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please help us prevent waste by making sure you pick up your order if you sign up for it. If there are two times you do not pick up your order, we will be unable to continue to provide the service for you.
- Arrive at the iCademy door in the east lot (see map below) between 2:15pm-2:30pm on MONDAY.
- Stay in your car and your lunches will be delivered to you.
- Repeat each week you wish.
- Questions? Please contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTTAWA COUNTY PARKS OUTDOOR LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
Is your child learning at home this school year? Check out our new program designed for students who are participating in remote/virtual learning (or any child who needs an extra dose of nature!). The Outdoor Explorer Program provides fun recreational opportunities like hiking, biking, and kayaking throughout the park system for children between the ages of 4-14. Sessions begin this month and are offered each week. Sign up for just one or join us for them all… Become an Outdoor Explorer: miOttawa.org/ocpevents
IN PERSON LEARNERS
COVID-19 EXECUTIVE ORDER UPDATE
Earlier this afternoon Executive Order 2020-185 was signed requiring all Michigan students in grades kindergarten and up to wear protective face masks when in classrooms of schools in Phase 4 of the MI Safe Start Plan. The executive order is effective on October 5, 2020. We will spend the next week building up our stamina with our younger friends in preparation for full days beginning October 5th.
MIDDLE SCHOOL VIRTUAL INFORMATION NIGHT & ELEMENTARY INFORMATION VIDEOS
Our teachers are excited to share all sorts of great “need to know” information with you through videos they have prepared. You can find all of the information HERE
STUDENT LET CONFERENCE SIGN UP
We are excited to host VIRTUAL conferences with you through Zoom on Wednesday, October 14th or Thursday, October 15th this fall. Please follow the schedule, below, when signing up for conferences for your student.
- Families with 3 students or more – Begin sign-ups on Wednesday, September 23rd.
- Families with 2 students – Begin sign-ups on Monday, September 28th.
- Families with 1 student – Begin sign-ups on Wednesday, September 30th.
- Sign ups will continue to be available until MONDAY, OCTOBER 12th AT 5PM
COVID-19 DASHBOARD FOR INNOCADEMY
Innocademy Zeeland will share updated COVID-19 data each Monday afternoon. Due to HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) laws, no personal information will be shared.
When Innocademy Zeeland receives notification of a positive case, we will contact the county health department who traces and directly contacts those in close contact of the positive case. Innocademy Zeeland will notify the school family of the case and the actions taking place.
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER HOT LUNCH MENU
REMINDER: HAND 2 HAND BEGINS NEXT WEEK – STILL TIME TO APPLY!
Hand 2 Hand is an organization that provides supplemental weekend food and snacks for families. It is designed to come alongside families who may be having financial difficulties. Families choose how long or short of a time they will participate in the program. If your family would benefit from this weekend food program and you would like to participate, please fill out the form and return to Ms. Heidi, asap. Hand2Hand-Digital-PermissionDownload
FEEDING AMERICA MOBILE FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Mark your calendar and share these dates with friends and neighbors! Feeding America Mobile Food Distribution takes place in the Roosevelt Elementary of Zeeland Public Schools in the west parking lot. This is a drive-thru, no contact distribution. All are welcome. No income guidelines or proof of residency required. Event runs 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm on
- October 13,
- November 17
- December 8
- January 12, 2021.
FREE LUNCH PROGRAM – IMPORTANT NOTES
As a reminder, with the brand new USDA funding, hot lunch is FREE to all students in Young 5s – 12th grade until December or money runs out. Please note that if you wish for your child to receive MILK ONLY, we must charge your lunch account $0.50. Milk is only free when it is paired with a full hot lunch meal.
VISITORS TO THE BUILDING
Thank you for adhering to the Michigan Return to School Roadmap Guidelines and not entering the building with your students each day. If/when there is a time your child will be late or needs to leave early, please…
- Communicate as normal with your child’s classroom teacher and/or Ms. Heidi
- When you arrive, communicate with Ms. Heidi through the intercom on the outside of the building
- Wait for your child outside – in the event of inclement weather, please wait for your student in the vestibule, between the double doors, but do not enter the lobby.
NUT FREE SCHOOL
We do have several students with severe nut allergies; both peanut and tree nut. In an effort to keep everyone safe, please do not send food containing nuts of any sort – or traces of nuts to school. Soy butter and Sun butter are great alternatives.
COVID FLOWCHART FOR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUALS
Please see below for the revised (8/31) flow chart issued by the Ottawa County Health DepartmentCOVID-19-Return-to-School-Toolkit__08312020Download
FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDE
Please see below for the 20-21 Innocademy Family Resource GuideInnocademy-Family-Resource-Guide-20-21-1Download
Please reach out to your child’s teacher or Kelli at email@example.com if you are hoping to bring any type of treat to class this year.
CALENDAR FOR THE 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR